Not every child has access to toys and not every family has the necessary baby equipment. Kirikou is looking for companies and families that can donate toys, games and baby supplies.
We distribute the baby equipment and the game kits to families who need them, in cooperation with Leuven-based anti-poverty organisations and community workers.
Which equipment is needed?
o Babies: play mat, activity centre, books, blocks, balls, etc.
o Toddlers: board games, puzzles, stacking rings, animal toys, dolls, books, balls, outdoor games, duplo blocks, musical instruments, etc.
o Primary schoolers: building toys, balls, board games, skipping rope, books, comics, puzzles, etc.
- Crafting materials and activity books: wax crayons, colour pencils, markers, paper, posters, colouring books, holiday activity books, fill-in journals, etc.
- Baby equipment: nursing cushion or table, sling/baby carrier, bath, lounger, pushchair, etc.
The material may be used but must be in good condition and still complete. Material that is not in good condition will not be accepted.
Would you like to donate toys or baby equipment?
- If so, please register below and we will forward your details to Kirikou.
- Please indicate which material you can donate in the “additional information” field.
- Kirikou will call or send you an e-mail to let you know when you can bring the material to the Kirikou depot. Kirikou ensures you can safely drop it off.
Cooperation with Kirikou
In 2015, the City of Leuven set up the Kirikou project with Huis van het Kind (House of the Child) and various partner organisations. Their aim is to donate second-hand baby and child equipment to vulnerable families, thereby easing the material burden for young parents and parents who are expecting. The material is collected via citizens, companies and schools and distributed among families who need it through various partner organisations.